Monday, April 11, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Say It

  For the past few years,  I've had a photography blog, where I've mixed my personal and client photography.
  Sometimes I have something to say that may or may not have a picture to go with it, but I haven't had a place to do that.
  Well, now I do.
  Writing has always been an important part of my life. I even went to college to learn how to write and came away proudly with a degree in communications, with an emphasis in print journalism.


  Why do I write?
  To make sense out of things that otherwise seem senseless.
  To laugh.
  To make others laugh.
  To express things that I can't say out loud. Sometimes it's easier to let my fingers do the talking.
  Most of all....to remember -- and to help others remember, too.
  Will anyone but me read this?
  I don't really know. Maybe the things I say will inspire others. Maybe they'll make people laugh, cry or get really mad. But I guess that doesn't really matter so much as the fact that by writing this blog, I'll be doing something that I love and that means the the world to me.


  I can't figure out algebra problems to save my life.
  I have never been able to sew without getting really, really angry.
  I've pretty much never been the cool kid....and especially am not now that I have teenagers. (They let me know this on a daily basis.)
  But, I do have some ability to express myself.
  I'm a little sarcastic. Sometimes witty. Yikes, I've even been known to be sappy at times. I think that goes with the territory when you're a mom. Sometimes you just gotta let it all out.


  So here goes.


  In the coming days, I will add to this blog.
  Maybe some of it will even be worth reading.
  That would be nice. But even if it isn't, to me it will still be worth writing.


  But just in case you have dropped by, please know that I love, absolutely adore and really appreciate comments. The good, the bad and the ugly. Well, if you're too ugly about it, I'll just have to delete your comment. 
:)

9 comments:

  1. Glad to know you found some "free time" so you could work on this - looking forward to many witty, sappy posts - hope there aresn't too many that make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, girl. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except I can't find the followers section? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy...I was playing around with the blog layout and must have deleted the followers section by mistake. It's back now! I'd love to have you follow me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can never sew without getting angry either! That's why I don't sew. I take after my mother that way - her method of mending our clothing was to tell us to leave it on her nightstand. There it stayed until we outgrew it. :-)

    As far as being the cool parent, I advise sending your teenagers to a very, very, very religious school. When their peers consider it riqué to show their elbows, you suddenly end up looking all kinds of cool even if you're actually pretty strict. :-) :-) :-)

    Congrats on the new blog! Very pretty and can't wait to see what comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In answer to your question: Yes!!!! Send me Mallory and Alex! Ruby NEEDS children to play with (and she has special teen-language that only she and teenagers understand)! And we have some new snow for them too, with more on the way! And Ruby even promises to do their algebra homework for them! They'd all have a blast! (and back away from those matchsticks now!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your photography.
    Look forward to more of your writing, too!

    ReplyDelete