Monday, January 30, 2012

Spending Money Like There's No Tomorrow

My oldest son Nate is getting married February 18. It's exciting, stressful and sometimes tear-inducing. It's also EXPENSIVE!


We're not even doing anything terribly elaborate, but all the little details here and there certainly do add up.


I'm not even someone who loves to shop. I don't like shopping. In fact, I hate it. I hate everything about it.... Well, maybe I don't hate it that much, but there are lots of things I'd rather do than shop.


So, every time I drop another chunk of change for something wedding-related, I experience heart palpitations. Just think how my husband, who is financing our part of the upcoming nuptials, must feel. :)


Don't get me wrong. I couldn't be happier about this upcoming marriage. Nate has chosen an amazing girl and we can't wait until Aprill is part of our family. And we are excited to share this time with our family and friends. But these festivities are proving to be a little pricey. 


Today, I'm recalling with fondness the days when I thought it was expensive to buy disposable diapers.


Ha!! That makes me laugh now!!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment