Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome to 2016

Another year begins.

I just logged onto this blog and saw that the last time I wrote was March 21, 2014. My life has changed dramatically since that day.

At the end of March 2014...I can't remember the exact date right now ... I received a phone call from my brother Lance's daughter, Patricia. She told me that her dad was in the psychiatric ward in Atlanta. His girlfriend Brenda had taken him to the emergency room because Lance was having paranoid thoughts and was just not himself.

Four months later, Lance was dead.

He hung himself in my sister's backyard. She found him there on the morning of July 14, 2014.

Typing those words still makes me want to scream, to cry, to rewind and fix it all.

Receiving my sister's phone call that summer morning was the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me.

Coping with my brother's suicide has been the most difficult thing I've ever done.

I have so much to say about it.

But right now, I can't.

But throughout the coming year, I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment