Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Blogtober Day 2

It's Day 2 of Blogtober and I'm still at it. :)

I really hope I can stick to it and write something every day this month.

I kind of feel like I should have a theme for these posts, but I think I'm just going to stick to writing whatever is on my mind each day....

Today was a good day. I spent most of the dat working on tasks for Mallory and Tyler's wedding. I feel like I got a lot accomplished, which feels good...and very necessary, since the wedding takes place on the 26th of the month!


I also took pictures of my niece Katelyn, who will be leaving on a mission for our church on October 30. She is going to be serving for 18 months in the Denver Colorado North mission. We had a lot of fun doing her photography session today. She is very photogenic and makes my job easy.

When I stop and think about it, it kind of freaks me out that Katelyn is going on a mission. Well, and also that Alex has been on his mission for more than a year. I remember so distinctly when both of them were born... Jan's last child and my last child...born just a few months apart. I remember Jan saying that it would be 2018 before those two would graduate from high school. Back in 2000, that seemed like eons away.. Somehow those eons went by way faster than I thought they would and now Katelyn and Alex and already are or soon will be missionaries. 

Life certainly comes at you fast, as Ferris Bueller would say...

I guess what I need to do is keep hanging on tight and enjoy the ride!

-- M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment